Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Kitty Corner - Sketchbook2 Day 1

Hello!

I am participating in Kelly Purkey's 'Sketchbook 2' workshop (although I am quite behind due to a very busy past week).  Today I have a layout made using the Day One Sketch.  This is a picture my husband took of a kitty when we were visiting friends at their cottage.  I do not like this cat...he was quite unfriendly, however I do love the picture...hahahaha.

Most of the materials used to make this layout were from the Adirondack Add-On kit this month at Studio Calico, with the exception of some PTI cardstock (Simply Chartreuse), PTI stamps (Fancy Flourishes, Damask Designs), PTI Ink (Pure Poppy), SU! Ink (Crumb Cake), Ranger Distress Ink (Antique Linen), and PTI Buttons. 

I did a lot of distressing to the papers edges by sliding the edge of a pair of scissors along the paper.  I also used the Distress Ink on the main background page, and the journalling card.  I also crinkled up some of the smaller paper pieces with my hands to give them a more aged look.  I really like how this page turned out!



Hope you enjoy it!
Please leave a comment.  I love to hear from you!

Lisa

2 comments:

Theresa said...

It's a lovely layout! The photo of the kitty is amazing. Great job.

Mari AKA Momo said...

Lisa! Sorry I have not left you any comments lately!! I adore this layout. The grungy distressed look is awesome!!! LOVE IT! XOXO Momo

>

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin