Saturday, October 3, 2009

PTI WCMD Challenge #3

Hello Again!! I'm back with a post for challenge number three.

For this challenge we were asked to use the influences of India to create our project.

When I think of India, I think of vibrant colours, sheer fabrics, sari's, gold, jewels, and henna. And I used those influences to help me with my card.

Here are some photos that I found on the net to help get me started:

And here is my card.
The card base is PTI Raspberry Fizz cardstock. The mat is a shimmery gold paper I found at Dollarama, as are the jewels accenting the flourish dots. Ribbon was from my stash, and the flourishes are from a stamp set called Dot Flourishes by Inkadinkado, stamped in Dark Chocolate PTI Ink.

I soooooooooooooo love how this turned out, and might have to hoard this for awhile before I find someone to send it off to. Or I'll just hoard it for awhile longer....hehehe...


Hope you like it! Please leave a comment! I love to hear from you!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is really lovely.

Alyssa B said...

I know what you mean, im always hoarding my favs and then I make a new fav and the old one gets promptly sent away,lol

Rebecca said...

This one is great, too. You are conquering even the tougher challenges! I love the different colored jewels paired with the swirly stamps. It's a great combo!

Hollie Shepard said...

Great Job on the challenge! Love the colors!

Sharron said...

I really like this card--great gold paper and the flourishes and jewels are perfect! Great Job!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Great use of flourishes and bling. Stunning job on the India challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Marge said...

This is truly stunning; can see why you'd hoard it!!!

Laura.K said...

Wow. Perfect!
I have no more words.

>

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin